Friday 13 September 2013

A WORKER'S PRAYER

Rushing towards another day

Oh Lord! Benevolent and merciful!

Make me realize this dream!

Scurrying through the busy corridors of life

 Let me not trample, on someone else’s!

While being caught up in tending to my own wounds of worry

Let me also feel, the pain of those in endless suffering

And let me act, with patience, love and compassion

Ascending up the ladder of your magnificent grace

Let me be free, of the tainted stains of self-conceit

Making decisions, opinions and conclusions, in daily life

Let me tolerate, differing points of views

Irrespective of the caste, creed or community; action or capability

Let me respect everyone equally

Acquiring, executing   and distributing; in the roles I play today

Let me be free, of greed, pride and prejudice

And in all actions I intend, choose or do

Let me uphold the hands of justice  

Walking this lonesome path of green pastures

Let me break free from the chains of passion and delusion!

Oh Lord! Benevolent and merciful!

As I rush through another day of my evanescent life

Make my dream; my ultimate reality!





No comments:

Post a Comment