Sunday 6 May 2012

ONLY YOU


The Blue Mosque - Istanbul 

I have sailed the seven seas, and traveled across mountains and plains

I have read the wisdom of the ages and of myriad lands 


I have tasted the nectar of truth from every flower of faith


Yet in my soul searching journey, I did not find myself


I have looked everywhere and sought answers from the heaven and skies


But everywhere I looked for my soul, I found only You!


In the deepest chasm of my soul, and in the warmth of the morning sunshine; I find only you


In every nook and every corner of some busy street, and in the fearful darkness of the winter night; I find only You


In the dew filled blossoms of spring, and breezed up leaves of autumn; I find only You


In the face of every passer by; and in every bird painting the evening sky; I find only You


In the pain and happiness of some unknown man; and the untold sorrow in another land; I find only You


Oh Mysterious one! Words and concepts fall apart to silence to fathom thee!


Oh master of my sentience, player of my consciousness; doer of all that’s done!


Let my humble soul be filled with you!





No comments:

Post a Comment